Hair loss is a common problem that many people experience. Hair primarily constitutes proteins and amino acids and eggs are powerhouses of proteins, vitamins, and fatty acids that nourish the hair extensively. The egg is a great solution to most hair problems, and they are easily available, inexpensive, and natural alternatives that can be used both internally and externally for hair growth. Eggs make the hair strong, prevent breakage, make them soft and help in their growth. While artificial products strip the hair of its natural oils, eggs help to restore the natural oils present in the hair and scalp. This is what makes the egg for hair loss and egg for hair fall remedies so popular.
How To Use Eggs For Hair Growth And To Prevent Hair Loss
Now let’s know exactly how to use eggs for hair growth? Eggs can be used for hair growth in two ways. Eggs can be included in your daily diet. In this way, the body and hair get all the nutritional benefits of eggs. Another way of harnessing the goodness of eggs is by using them as a hair pack. Protein packs are great for hair, and eggs contain an adequate quantity of protein for making a hair pack. Egg yolk acts as an emulsifier and helps to bind the ingredients of the hair pack into a homogeneous mixture. It also helps the pack to stick to the hair and penetrate the scalp and hair follicles.
Different hair types need different components of the egg.
If you have extra oily hair, the best treatment for you will consist of egg whites; egg whites help remove excess oil from the hair. If, on the other hand, you have dry to normal hair, then a hair mask consisting of yolks is probably the best treatment for your hair. Egg yolk helps moisturize dry hair and has emollient properties as well.
Egg Mask For Hair Growth For Normal Hair
Egg yolk therapy helps an individual attain beautiful hair. Applying the yolk will make hair strong and silky. It will also result in minimal breakage. Hair that is otherwise frizzy and dull becomes more manageable. Using eggs adds volume to your hair and gives it a natural healthy shine. It acts as a natural conditioner and moisturizer which keeps your hair hydrated all the time.
Procedure Of Application
- Break the egg and empty the contents into a bowl.
- Take a few tablespoons of olive oil and blend it properly.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp and hair and leave it for thirty minutes.
- Shampoo hair with cold water as hot water causes the formation of lumps and can further lead to a pungent odor.
- If using eggs alone causes a problem, you can mix it with curd or a good conditioner.
The yolk penetrates through your scalp and reaches the follicles. It is very helpful in mending rough hair.
Egg Yolk Hair Mask For Dry Hair
This hair mask is an intensive protein hair treatment. Egg yolk is crammed with protein, vitamins, and fatty acids. Egg yolk also contains high amounts of vitamins like A, D, and E. These vitamins promote hair growth and prevent hair fall. Olive oil is the other ingredient of this mask, which helps strengthen and softens your hair. Olive oil helps exfoliate your hair while strengthening the hair color and preventing premature graying. The presence of nutrient-rich egg yolk and olive oil make this hair mask ideal for curbing hair loss.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
Add the egg yolks to a bowl and pour the olive oil.
- Mix well and then add half a cup of water.
- Using your first two fingers apply the mixture evenly across your scalp.
- Once you have applied the mixture, wear a shower cap and let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it out as you usually would.
- Shampooing after this hair treatment is optional.
How Often Can You Use This Mask?
This treatment is quite effective. Hence, following it just once or twice a month would be enough.
Egg White Hair Mask For Oily Hair
The egg white hair mask is for all those with oily hair. Excess hair oil can lead to all sorts of problems. It can block pores and lead to acne and other skin infections. It can also lead to frequent tangling. This hair mask contains honey and olive oil. Olive oil, as we all know, has emollient properties, while honey is a brilliant ingredient for curing acne.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- You can make more of this hair mask, depending on the length of your hair.
- Begin by using your first two fingers to spread and apply the hair mask evenly across your scalp.
- Once you have applied the hair mask, wear a shower cap and let the mixture dry out.
- Let it3 sit for 15-20 minutes. The mixture will turn sticky on drying. Rinse it out as you usually would.
- Shampooing after this hair treatment is optional.
How Often Can You Use This Mask?
Just like the egg yolk hair mask, this treatment is also quite effective. Hence, you are required to use this egg hair mask for hair loss just about once or twice a month.
Some Other Ways Of Application
- A mask of almonds, egg yolk, and honey can be applied for a span of one and a half hours for better results.
- Since it is a great natural moisturizer, you can also benefit by using a mixture of avocado and yolk. Apply this mixture and wash it off after a span of twenty minutes. It will help in moisturizing your hair.
- For the prevention of breakage and hair loss, the egg yolk can be used.
- The yolk should be whisked well till it is creamy.
- This cream should be applied directly to the scalp and left for half an hour. Rinse your hair well with ice cold water.
- To derive maximum benefits of egg therapy, it should be followed at least once a week.
Nutritional Benefits Of Egg For Hair Growth
Eggs contain all the major essential vitamins, minerals, and proteins except Vitamin C. Eggs contain proteins that promote hair growth and condition the hair. The nutritional content of the egg is listed below:
Fatty Acids: The fatty acids present in the yolk helps in improving the skin on the scalp, thus fighting dandruff, flaky scalp, and psoriasis. The egg yolk makes the hair glossy, shiny, and smooth and prevents hair breakage and hair loss arising from it.
Lecithin: This fatty protein found in the egg yolk helps in reducing frizz and helps in making hair smooth. It prevents the hair from becoming brittle and prevents hair loss as well.
Vitamin A: Vitamin A present in the yolk helps in the production of sebum. It helps in controlling dandruff. Vitamin A prevents drying of the scalp and promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
Vitamin D: Egg yolks are one among few other foods that naturally contain vitamin D.
Vitamin E: Eggs also have vitamin E which promotes hair growth. They protect the hair against harmful UV rays and pollution. Vitamin D helps in improving the texture of hair, thus making it smooth and manageable.
Vitamin B: Eggs also provide vitamins B1, B2, B12, biotin, choline, pantothenic acid, and niacin which are essential for healthy hair. Niacin or vitamin B3 increases the energy metabolism in cells, thus inducing hair growth. Thinning of hair is in fact a symptom of niacin deficiency. Choline is also a member of the vitamin B group that helps to prevent hair loss and baldness. Vitamin B-5 or pantothenic acid is supposed to prevent premature greying of hair.
Biotin Or Vitamin B7: Helps in renewing the follicles and roots of the hairs that are already growing. Biotin in the egg helps to maintain healthier roots and follicles of the hair.
The yolk may sometimes contain red or brown spots which are called blood spots. They are harmless pieces of tissue. Most of the vitamins present in the eggs increase oxygen production and stimulate more blood flow to the scalp. This helps in preventing hair loss and makes the roots of the hair really strong.
Eggs are rich sources of certain minerals like sulphur, zinc, iron, phosphorous, iodine, and also of calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium. All these elements prevent hair loss by strengthening the hair. Sulphur in egg yolk stimulates the scalp and increases hair growth.
Egg White: Egg whites are one of the best sources of protein. Protein makes hair follicles stronger. They also contain folate and other minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss. Folic acid or vitamin B-9 is very much required for healthy hair. Folic acid induces the growth of red blood cells and helps in cell division. Thus it aids in preventing hair loss and promotes hair growth. Egg white contains over 50% of the protein in the egg.
Things To Remember
- Always remember to wash off your hair with cold water after using any egg pack. Washing hair in warm water after applying an egg based hair pack curdles the egg and it sticks to the hair.
- Remember to use a mild shampoo after using the egg mask.
- Also, remember to reap the benefits of egg, it requires several treatments before the changes start getting noticed.
- Eggs help even much damaged hair to appear healthier and stronger.
Use these egg masks for hair loss and get rid of hair fall today! And if you know of any other recipes for hair masks with egg, tell us! Leave a comment below.