Long, thick and lustrous hair is high on every woman’s wishlist. But everyday exposure to dust, pollution, sun, and dirt makes it an almost impossible dream to achieve. Products available in the market contain chemicals that do more harm than good in the long run. So how do you combat all these problems while still keeping your hair healthy and strong?
Easy Homemade Beauty Tips For Hair To Follow
Diet plays a very important part in the overall health of our hair just like skin. Here are a few additions to your diet as per your hair type that will help you add some glory to your crowning glory.
- Normal Hair: Fish, chicken, dals, sprouts.
- Dry Hair: Raw vegetables, pulses, brown rice, bananas, nuts, vitamin E capsules.
- Oily Hair: Green leafy vegetables, salads, fresh fruits, yogurt.
The most important of steps to keeping your hair healthy is keeping it clean. And the product you choose needs to be right for you. Always keep them mild.
- For dry hair: Choose one that doesn’t further strip your hair of its natural oils.
- For Oily hair: Choose one that works on limiting the activity of your oily scalp
Do use a clarifying shampoo every once in a while or the product build up will affect the results that your shampoo has. Ladies, please remember that shampoo is meant to clean your scalp and not condition your hair so aver doing the shampoo for dry hair is not going to help you in any way. If anything it will only cause harm in the long run. Use only a drop the size of a coin for one wash, it is more than sufficient.
Eggs work wonders on your hair. The yolk is rich in fat and proteins which greatly acts in moisturizing while the white helps to remove unwanted oils. Use an egg to condition normal hair, egg yolks for dry hair, and whites for oily hair. Remember to rinse with lukewarm water only !!!
- Massage your scalp with this mixture and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Wash off as usual.
The lemon juice helps remove dry flakes of skin while the olive oil moisturizes the scalp.
- Massage 1/2 cup honey and 2 tbsp olive oil into clean damp hair
- Rinse off after 20 minutes.
Olive oil conditions while honey has both anti-bacterial and conditioning properties.
To add body to limp or flat hair, this is the perfect remedy.
- Mix 1/2 cup flat beer, 1tsp oil, and 1 egg
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with tempid water.
One of the most common hair problems is dandruff.
- Treat it effectively at home by mixing 2 parts of brown sugar with 1 part of your hair conditioner and lightly rubbing it on your scalp.
- Rinse off thoroughly.
Hair fall is an ever-existent problem in our lives. And it constantly captures our attention! We are unable to think of anything. Aloe Vera is perfect for healing the scalp and bringing the pH balance to normal. It also has cleansing properties that clean the pores out.
- Blend aloe vera gel with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Add 2tbsp. coconut oil.
- Mix it and apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Wash your hair as usual after 20 min.
10. Graying hair: Hair Color
Gray hair is never welcome. Even as a remainder of age! Even more when it comes earlier in life. Hair colors in the market are always there but have you considered that a more natural choice would be better for your hair?
Henna has been used as a coloring agent for centuries now and when mixed with Indigo the results are only better. Here is how you can do it yourself.
- Mix henna and Indigo. Allow it to sit overnight.
For brown hair
- Mix Indigo in warm water and leave it for 15 mins.
- Mix the above two pastes.
- Apply to hair and leave it on for an hour wrapped in a shower cap.
- Rinse well and shampoo
For black hair
- Mix Indigo in warm water and allow it to sit for 15 mins.
- Apply the Henna paste on hair for 25 mins and wash off.
- Add salt to the Indigo paste and apply to hair.
- Leave it on for 2 hours wrapped in a shower cap.
- Rinse after.
I hope these tips help you all in getting and maintaining your hair, so it can be the healthiest hair you can have. Also remember, it’s important to hydrate from the inside out so make sure you drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as it really does make your hair look more healthier and lustrous.